Friday, September 18, 2015

I Long

I long for the one I can share my vulnerabilities with.
Who can I trust with the very essence of me?
Who can I turn to that'll love me for me?
Where is that man who will hold me, share my dreams, help mold me?
Where is the guy that can pray me through, the one that'll already be in love with Jesus before asking me for an I do?
I'm ready for the one that'll be there in sickness and health, for good days and bad days, and the journey to wealth.
Where is my guy - my Boaz, my king?
I want the life of togetherness, not just the ring.
Where is he? There's so much I want to share with him, so much for us to do.
I've got my eyes wide open, I'm looking for the spark, the glisten in his eyes, the smile that'll make my heart melt, the words and actions that make me feel secure. I'm looking for that golden opportunity but I realize patience is key.
When he comes, I'll know he's the one for me and together we can be free.

 -Whitney Sade' French
   09/17/2015

No comments:

Post a Comment